Like other members of the Enduro series ultrasonic flowmeters, EF10 is designed for fixed installation. Its electronic enclosure is rated for IP65 (NEMA 4X) or IP67, thus, it can be installed for both indoor and outdoor.
Model EF10 Clamp-On Flowmeter
Advanced high-accuracy wall-mount ultrasonic flowmeter. It employees a pair of clamp-on ultrasonic transducers to measure the flow from outside of a pipe. Due to the non-intrusive nature of the clamp-on technology, there is no pressure drop, no moving parts, no leaks and no contamination. The installation is very simple and no special skills or tools are required.
Other advantages of this flowmeter are its long-term stability, zero maintenance and non-obstructiveness. The transducer has no moving parts. It does not generate any disturbance or pressure drop to the flow.
The EF10 options are all wall-mount type or fixed-installation type flowmeters. They are ideal for liquid process control, water flow measurement (hot/chill water, city water, sea water), sewage and sludge measurement, and measurement of oil (crude/diesel/fuel flow), chemicals (alcohol, acids, etc.), beverages, and many other liquids.
A large property management company in Atlanta:
Atlantic Station is located in the heart of midtown Atlanta, GA. It opened in 2005; the overall surface is about 138 acres (558,000 m²). It was constructed in the style of an outdoor mall, with choices of shopping, dining, and a 16-screen Regal Movie Theater. Above the retail levels are an additional two to three stories of condominiums. With the 7,200-space parking garage underneath, the shopping area is pedestrian-friendly and many of the surface level streets are often closed off for special events.
Purpose and expected benefits:
Atlantic station had the requirements to monitor the energy throughout all the facilities. This includes buildings, shopping stores, restaurants, movie-theatre …etc. The purpose was to bill each facility owner/renter on a monthly basis and reach an instant and efficient data access of the energy measurements for each structure.
Spire metering Technology offered its highly accurate ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeter EF10. Automated Facility Systems, Inc. included a pair of RTDs on each supply/return to allow the property management company to have the most accurate energy measurement.
The building management company wanted to be able to bill each tenant for energy usage as well as understanding total usage. The building and all the facilities are spread out over a large area. All the pipes were already built-in, and a solution of flow and energy measurement had to be non-intrusive. The energy and flow could be very low during the winter time and very high during the summer because of the Atlanta weather characteristics. The measurement devices needed to be accurate at wide reading range.
The measurement devices needed to be maintenance free, as the deployment of such is very difficult for stores, restaurants and other facilities that are constantly busy with customers and all pipes above the ceilings. Access permission needed to be granted weeks in advance.
Finally the device had to be able to be connected to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) so that the data could be used in an automated interface for constant monitoring and easy data acquisition for building managers.
The EF10 is an ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeter. A pair of transducers needed to be installed on the pipe without having to change and/or interfere anything from the existing lines. The ultrasonic flowmeter provides highly accurate and reliable flow measurements due to its sophisticated and advanced signal processing algorithm. The unit provides a good and repeatable accuracy for a broad flow range and a good stability at low & max flowrate.
The ultrasonic device has no-moving parts which makes it maintenance-free. The setup and service are easily accomplished, thus the installation cost is very low. The unit is easy to operate and all the calibration work is done in our factory which makes it plug-and-play.
The flow meter includes a variety of outputs that can be connected to a BMS or PLC such as 4-20mA (which is used in this case), RS485, bacnet, wireless and much more. The analogue output is driven by an automated interface. The system is based on a distributed control system architecture which features data acquisition and remote equipment monitoring. The user is able to access the meters reading anywhere at any time. Spire metering technology deployed about 45 flowmeters in this project.
The integration of an ultrasonic flowmeter to this building automation system provides an instant and efficient flow measurement. The user is able to access any flow meter reading immediately, even using a smartphone.
The building management expressed their satisfaction with this ultrasonic metering technology because they could track their overall energy usage and be able to accurately bill their clients, all without any changes to the existing infrastructure.
• Accurate bi-directional flow measurement
• Unique 2 years warranty
• Economical and non-intrusive
• No moving parts to tear and wear.
No maintenance required
• NIST-traceable factory calibration
• Suitable for pure liquids and liquids with some particles. No dependency on conductivity
• Suitable for all commonly used pipes
• Wide pipe size range
• Easy to use and set up
• Communication: RS485/MODBUS. Optional BACnet, LonWorks, GPRS, GSM, RF wireless
• Compatible with various types of transducers:
- Clamp-on transducer: non-contact, non-invasive, easy and economical installation, no pipe working
- Insertion transducer: robust, excellent long-term stability, hot-tapping installation, no need to shut down the flow
- Flow-cell transducer: most accurate and robust. Plug and play. Excellent long-term performance
• Velocity, flowrate, volumetric total, scheduler, batch controller and more
• Compatible with Spire Metering’s uGalaxy wireless telemetry system
• Water / Wastewater
• Hot / Chilled Water / Mixture of Water and Glycol
• Chemical Liquids and Solvents
• Petroleum Products
• Oil / Crude Oil / Fuel Oil / Diesel / Lubricant
Oil /Hydraulic Oil
• Water management in buildings, metropolitans,
water / wastewater treatment plants, irrigation systems, and more
• Flow monitoring and control in Desalination plants, steel plants, power plants, machining plants
• Liquid process control in chemical plants and industrial automation
• Oil / fuel / chemicals and other liquid transfer
• Retrofit capability, to upgrade or augment existing systems
• Automated batching and scheduling
• Efficiency monitoring and improvement of liquid-based
heating / cooling systems, including solar / geothermal systems
• Beverage, food and pharmaceutical processors where non-contact is essential
• Remote flow monitoring network and leakage detection